Symbolic and tangible. The wise emperor never gets caught in the wilderness without a flag. Can be handcrafted from resources available in most habitable environments.
How to build a flagEdit
There are 3 ways to build flags
The most common way to build a flag is with plant fiber.
- First, gather the following: 1 log, 1 plant fiber.
- Next, use the handcrafting window (F10) to create a Sewing Needle from the log.
- Now, use the handcrafting window to create a Flag from the plant fiber using the sewing needle.
The other method is to use leather.
- First, you need to kill an animal. Targoss will work just fine, and may even drop clothes for you.
- Next, switch to your knife in skinning mode by scrolling until you see a knife with a picture of meat next to it.
- Now, hit the carcass with the knife. It should create Leather and Animal meat. Pick up the leather, do as you please with the meat.
- Now follow the same steps as for plant fiber, substituting it with leather.
- Build a farm harvesting plant fiber, or build a farm harvesting animal carcasses and a meat processing plant creating leather. The choice is yours. You will also need a logging camp.
- Build a textile mill making textiles from your choice of material, as well as a carpenter making sewing needles.
- Build a clothing factory and instruct it to create flags.
- You can now buy flags from either the clothing factory, or a retail store.